With so many buyers at-the-ready, how do you make sure your home is prepped to fetch top dollar and bring you the most nesting satisfaction? Of all the remodeling options out there, revamping your kitchen can be key to sprucing up your home.
1) Set your budget at 10-15% of the value of your home. This prevents skimping but also the far more dangerous potential for overspending.
2) In a room that has you working so hard, make sure your lighting is working for you. Kitchens that are under- or over-lit can affect not only the look and feel of the kitchen but also its functionality. Under-cabinet lighting to help illuminate prep work and recessed lights and pendants can liven up eating spaces.
3) Keep it buyer-friendly. We all have our own tastes when it comes to colors and patterns but that means so do buyers; avoid anything that’s too vibrant or eclectic so you don’t turn off potential buyers should you be selling or decide to do so in the future.
4) Think practical. Counter space is critical in your kitchen. Take the time to really understand the flow of cooking processes so you know you’ve made the most user-friendly kitchen possible.
5) Backsplashes are a no-brainer – easy to clean, a useful aesthetic accent and generally a great way to top off the interior of your kitchen.
Even in a market as hot as this one, you want to make sure you’re giving your home the best chance to sell for what it’s worth. Here at Encore Custom Homes, we have trusted vendors and years of experience with this kind of work so should you find yourself wondering how to spruce up the culinary center of your home, we’re always here to help.